When speaking with customers, especially those customers that do not experience any issues with their EDI/MFT applications, one of the main questions I hear is, why should I pay for renewing my support and maintenance. Many customers view the receipt of their annual support and maintenance invoice from their software vendor as an annual contribution to their software vendor with little return on the contribution. However, that is far from the case. Below is an outline of the typical benefits of renewing your annual software support and maintenance. It is not all encompassing, but does cover most of the benefits.
Software support and maintenance provides you with access to product upgrades for your licensed software and a wide array of technical support options.
With renewal of your software support and maintenance you receive:
- Access to new releases and versions of your installed software - helping to reduce your software acquisition expenses
- The option to receive notification of new product releases you choose when to upgrade
- The latest technology from your software provider- ensuring that your IT environment is ready to respond to opportunities with enhanced reliability and performance of applications
With your software vendor's technical support you receive:
- Responsive, cross-platform software technical support - around the clock and around the world
- Online technical support including enhanced self-help and search capabilities
- Voice support for new deployments, migration, and code-related questions
- Fast problem resolution by phone for all "Severity 1" situations - 24 hours a day, seven days a week
So, the next time you receive your annual support and maintenance renewal invoice, consider it as an investment in and insurance for your software application. This investment and insurance provides you with the access you need to the new technology and resources that will assist you in maintaining a productive and healthy environment for the year. If you have an IBM B2B EDI/MFT software product and would like REMEDI to assist you with renewing your IBM support and maintenance, please give us a call and we will be happy to assist.
For more information, here are some related blogs: